Monday 22 February 2016

NVDA: How To Turn It Off in 5 seconds or Less



Hello. In this video I show you how to turn NVDA off in 5 seconds or less. The video is nearly 2 minutes long and includes a full set of subtitles.

If you prefer to read a full transcript instead, please find one below.

Start of transcript

Hello and welcome to this video.

In this video I want to demonstrate how to close NVDA or turn it off in 5 seconds or less.

But just in case you are unfamiliar with NVDA and screen readers, let me just introduce them.

NVDA is a free screen reader.

A screen reader is a great piece of software that gives computers, smartphones and tablets a voice in order to help people who have a visual impairment or who are blind access these devices more independently.

I have created other videos about the screen reader NVDA and I have grouped them together in a playlist which I will link to below.

Before I show you how to turn NVDA off, I need to turn it on.

I do this by using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + N.

To turn it off, I just press the insert key and n key together.

This loads the NVDA menu.

Now I press x for exit and then enter to accept that choice.

There you have it. How to turn off NVDA very, very quickly.

If you have any questions or difficulties after watching this video, or want to join in with the discussion please do so below.

What is your favourite NVDA shortcut key? Let me know.

Thanks for watching.

End of transcript

No comments:

Post a Comment